Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My thoughts on "The Help" movie

I love movies.
So when I heard about the recent vintage release "The Help", I was curious. I'd heard a lot of mixed reports about it, saying it was hilarious but had a lot of bad mouth. When I finally saw it for myself the other night, this is what I found:

1) Yup, there's bad language. Use discretion. 
2) It made me laugh like crazy!!
3) It reveals tough racial prejudices/injustices common in the South during the era depicted... it really stunned/baffled me. Dealing with prejudice is difficult if you cannot see other people the way God sees them.
4) I came away wishing women still dressed like they did in the 50's, and life was still so simple... lol
5) It made me wish afterwards that I had read the BOOK before watching the movie ;)


So yes, those are just a few things I wanted to add to the torrent of opinions out there about this movie, The Help. Thanks! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!