Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Little Answered Prayers :)

Happy Tuesday!
Just a little praise I want to shout out to ya'll: God does indeed answer prayer! He has been so good to my family this week in so many ways, especially in answering little concerns and spur of the moment prayers.

 This week our oil tank went dry, so we had to run our heating and hot water on a few gallons of diesel fuel...which was difficult. Many times our showers went cold and we kept the fireplaces lit more than usual to combat the cold. But God did give us the warmth we needed. =)

Another answered prayer request regarded my family. For a while, we've been struggling a bit over some heart-issues, pride, and sour attitudes toward eachother...though it was hidden from public view. We are now praying for God to work in our hearts, to help us be more kind toward eachother. Christian family unity is sooo mucho important! =) With a lot of prayer, He's been already working. I'm so happy to see each member of my family (including myself) searching the Scriptures, studying the Truth, and applying it every day. This is our new "Family Resolution" as I suppose you could call it:
Unity and Maturity in the Body of Christ
 "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." --Ephesians 4:1-6

**This is still a work in progress...please pray God will continue to work in my family, helping us grow in grace and in our love for Him!

Last of all, a sweet ray of sunshine was sent into my day today! My cat, Drew, has  been missing for nearly a week, and we've all been really worried about him. My dad has been praying especially hard--he loves all 5 of our cats, but Drew is his favorite. Well, this morning he came home! Thank the Lord! He's curled next to me as I write this...looking regal, as if he never dissapeared. Typical male cat. lol. haha <3

So this is just a few of the ways God has been answering prayer for my family this week. Thanks for reading, and if you have a prayer request, feel free to ask for prayer! I'm more than willing to pray for you. =)

God bless you, everyone!
Psalm 139
Me with Drew today after he came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!