Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Questionnaire


A friend of mine and fellow blogger asked me very sweetly around February to answer these 11 questions about myself. It's taken a very long while to respond, and for that I sincerely apologize! Here are my answers. Feel free to take these questions and pass them along! :)

1. What is something that you dream of doing someday?
Travel through England, Scotland, and Wales with my dad. Being the history buffs in my family, we've talked for years about exploring the history of World War II, and visiting the haunts of Tolkien and C.S. Lewis (including touring Oxford). I want to explore my European roots.

 
2. Have you ever been on a missions trip? Where did you (or would you like to) go?
No, I've never had the opportunity. But if I had the chance I would go to rural New Zealand, as a teacher.


3. What is your favorite kind of pet?

A dog, preferably one that loves water, is intelligent, and protective. Probably a Newfoundland.
 
4. How do you normally do your hair?

Long, wavy, sometimes intricately braided. I like to go natural and unique...very earthy.

(Teaching a Literature lesson to 3rd grade, using The Chronicles of Narnia.)
 
5. What are your favorite hobbies?
I enjoy camping, hiking, writing, reading, studying, teaching, decorating, and baking.

6. What is your favorite article of clothing (hoodies, PJ pants, jeans, skirts, etc)?My plaid flannel shirts...ahh amen. And my various assorted scarves. lol

7. Do you play any instruments? If so, how long have you played?

Alas, no. I can't read music, but I love to sing and I'm handy with woodwind instruments. I really want to learn the recorder, penny whistle, maybe even the bagpipes and harp (any Celtic instrument).



8. What are 5 words that you would like to describe you?

Nurturing
Refreshing
Valiant
Imaginative
Mother

9. Do you prefer to be indoors or outdoors?

Definitely outdoors, whenever possible!

10. What is/was your favorite topic in school?
I have to say I loved History and English both. I can't choose just one.


11. Who do you talk to most on a daily basis? My mother, Lisa. Whenever she gets home from teaching, I love to be around her...her presence fills the house with assurance that no matter where I go, she will always be ready to listen and love, laugh and heal. I hope I can be as good a wife and mother as her, someday.

Love, Leah
"Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me. The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures foreverdo not abandon the works of your hands." (Psalm 138:6-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!