Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ramblings of Night-owl-ism

Hey guys,

This has been quite a crazy week for me. How are you??
Classes are gong well! I'm taking four art courses and one literature class (so perfect lol...most of the time). Already January has flown by and here I am, making plans for Valentine's Day! Snow is covering my state in a thick blanket, making all the fields glitter as far as the eye can see...it's incredibly beautiful, and freezing.

So. Now I'm just sipping a tall glass of tea, relaxing in my flannel pajamas and watching clock... why is right before bedtime always the perfect time to think and spill all the wonder and questions and struggles of the day? My mind gets defiant when this time of night arrives. My eyes dim, my dominate hand protests from gripping drawing pencils, my hair goes off-duty, and my body basically clocks out on me...but my mind runs along like a movie soundtrack on loop.

Night-owl-ism. It's just the brain's way of temping you to stay up all night to see an incredible sunrise in the morning. Sometimes waiting for the dawn is the best cure for dim eyes, protesting artist's hands, wild hair, and a tiredness that has seeped into your bones. Morning is the renewal, the re-birth for a night-owl....and the surrender to sleep is at last rewarding.

Do you know what I mean? Ach...lol. Now I'm just rambling. =)

Leah
Psalm 139

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!