Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bird Watching on a Spring Evening :)

swooping,
teasing,
chirruping,
I see:
b l a c k b i r d s and s t a r l i n g s 
plunder everything
emboldened
in this broad daylight--
(truly, in b r o a d  d a y l i g h t)


classic,
 industrious,
ravenous,
I see:
b l u e j a y s and r o b i n s
hopping by me
delighted
in this spring sunshine--
(amen, in s p r i n g s u n s h i n e)


regal,
lazy,
azure eyes,
I see:
 f a t. o r a n g e. t o m c a t
yawning with me
he, tamed/ I, lifted high
by this beautiful sight--
(forever, by this b e a u t i f u l s i g h t)

by Leah A. 
2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!