Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Monday, November 12, 2012

Little Monday Update

10:00pm
Well it's already the end of the day--quite a beautiful Monday at that-- and I am tucked away from the world, pondering today's events and feeling rather spunky. ;)

This fine morning my dad needed to collect a few loads of scrap timber from a carpenter friend of ours. Of course I jumped at the chance to go with him! Working outside with my dad, especially in the woods, is so refreshing. In the craziness of life, we don't always get to talk about deep personal issues of the heart. While he does usually tell me stories about our family history, and recounts his adventures overseas (which I enjoy a lot), getting to talk seriously can be hard to come by.

So thankfully, we did get to talk, and we got plenty of wood (hence a lot of splitting logs piled up for the bitterly cold days ahead!) :)
I love the smell of the maple, oak, ceder, poplar, and so many other trees, wafting from the woodpile like a spicy, heady men's perfume...reminding me of long walks, sharp smoky cheese, and marshmallow roasts. The clearing in the woods which we collected from was quiet, nothing extraordinary. But to me, it was fit for a queen's throne room.
~~~~
Here's a wee bit about my dad, Richard: He is unselfish. He is very hard-working, creative, quiet, yet passionate about many things others do not see right off. He is always finding ways to please my mom and steal kisses (which my sisters and I think is really cute) ;) Any guy who has been interested in my sisters, or in me, has had to talk to my dad...which doesn't (usually) mean a pointed shotgun...haha. Nah. Daddy just makes them chop wood. lol. ;)

But what I love about my dad most is this: he is a man seeking after God's heart. Always.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!