Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Monday, November 19, 2012

Yesterday is History...

Have you ever looked back on a season of your life or a certain event, and wished you could change it? How would your life be different? Perhaps everybody wishes they could alter the past, even though it's impossible. 

I love reading books about time travel (by Madeleine L'Engle, for instance) where the characters get to experience life in a different time. Lately I've found myself wishing I could change a lot of things in the past...things I did that I know were unwise and selfish, or words that I know were unkind and unprofitable. But, there is a saying:
"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift. That is why it is called the Present."

Although we can't change the past, we can learn from it and trust God in the present, for the future. :) The important thing is, don't miss the opportunities in front of you today to be a blessing because you're so busy looking back at your failures! Guilt won't get you anywhere but into a pit of frustration, and that's not where God wants us! Keep moving forward, trusting Him, obeying Him, and you will have joy looking to Him instead of focusing on yourself. =) Everything will come together. We may not always understand what He is doing, but the future is in His hands, and His plans for us are good.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past..." (Isaiah 43:18)

"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind." (Isaiah 65:17)

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Cor. 5:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!