Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Post #2: Volunteer Day!


 
Working with kids is a joy! I'm so thankful for the wonderful school where I volunteer!

My mother's the first grade teacher, and since I'm going to study to be an art teacher, she signed me on as her assistant (which can get pretty hectic, especially with 15 kids excited for Christmas break lol). Sometimes I will come in to paint the classroom, or help host a party; today I got to put up the Christmas decorations! Setting up a Christmas tree during lessons is very distracting for the kids, but everything went well. They were really eager to help me afterwards. =)

Before dismissal as always, I read them a few stories. Kids love being read to! Today we read two stories, "The Hat" and "The Christmas Kitten". It's amazing the questions and observations they came up with, about details in the stories I never would have noticed. =)

Here's a few more pics from today if you'd like to see them!

God bless!

 
Somehow, not only for Christmas,
but all the long year through,
The joy that you give to others,
Is the joy that comes back to you.
 
-John Greenleaf Whittier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!