Featured Post

Classic Quotes from "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"

“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?”   “If I had a world of my own, eve...

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Late thoughts...struggling with a restless heart

It's 3:00am. I can't sleep.

If you are unable to sleep tonight, we are definitely kindred spirits in that aspect, especially if you are dealing with a restless heart. With everyone else asleep, the guests for my sister's bridal shower all gone home hours ago, I am here in silence. Except for my dog's snoring lol.

Stopping to consider and examine the innermost heart can be troubling....I find that I am often two different persons. On the outside I appear to be happy (and yes I am happy and healthy, young and excited about the future) but I'm afraid as well, like a child afraid of dark corners. Now is such a moment where such an inexplicable fear holds my heart...like ice and jaggy tears.

But...brooding on troubles is not the way to mend them. With all these questions and dreams burrowing inside my heart, threatening to make me burst with a frustrated, "I don't understand! Where is Your light?" 

In the midst of turmoil God rumbles in my mind, unmistakable:
"Come with Me. I have brought you here."

He took me to the Psalms, especially Psalm 61:


1 Hear my cry, O God;
    listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
For you, God, have heard my vows;
    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name....

Then I will ever sing in praise of your name
    and fulfill my vows day after day.

Amen! 

I shall not be afraid. God is with me...oh yes, He is with us tonight.

 Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!